Pacific Northwest Tax Service, Inc. is licensed by the Oregon Board of Tax Practioners. We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We want you to be aware of information we collect, how we use it, and when, if ever, we would disclose it.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is provided to us by you or obtained by us with your authorization. For instance, we collect certain biographical and financial information needed to prepare tax returns and to provide tax and financial advice.
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law. Examples of permitted use and disclosure of your private information include:
- Providing information to our employees.
- Transmital of electronic tax return data to the IRS and state departments of revenue, and to third-party electronic return transmitters who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you.
- If you apply for a Refund Anticipation Loan or other bank product, information on your bank application is shared with Chase Bank.
In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared. We do not outsource tax preparation services to a third party.
Oregon Law requires we retain current and former client records relating to our services for a minimum 4-year period of time after the date that services are provided to you. We retain records necessary to allow us to comply with state law and to provide long-term services to you as our client. To guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with or exceed state law requirements.
We collect information for the purpose of sharing communications to our clients such as:
- Obtaining information necessary to complete preparation of your tax return.
- To notify you your tax return is completed and ready for pickup.
- Delivery of Pacific Northwest Tax Service Newsletters and direct mailings.
The contact and internet information we collect is never shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. We will never sell or share our newsletter subscribers contact information.
Whenever we obtain your personal information we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, we are not insurers of the security of your personal information and we assume no liability for any disclosure due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.